Master of Business Administration (MBA)
The MBA at Balsore College of Engineering & Technology was started in 2007 and conceptualized taking into account the strong and urgent need for well educated and developed managers who would not only the able to understand the finer nuances of business but also be able to put into practice the knowledge and values acquired during the programme. An MBA programme offers wide range of advantages and benefits for successful candidates. The key benefits of MBA are gaining business knowledge, leadership quality, networking and financial gain.
To create a pool of highly skilled management professionals, who can face the business challenges in the global market.
- To educate,prepare,inspire and mentor students to excel as proffesional and to grow throughout thier careers.
- To provide excellent academic environment so that students will acquire necessary skills in the various subjects.
- To encourage students to participate in co-curricular & Extra- curricular activities through Dept. Forum in order to enrich the overall personality.
Programme Educational Objective (POEs)
- To deliver the highest quality education and also preparing students to achieve global standards and compete in a competitive world.
- To foster team spirit and leadership characteristics among students to develop business leaders and to achieve organizational development.
- To convey ethical and moral values and make better citizens in society.
- To build entrepreneurial mindset to think strategically and motivate them to become entrepreneurs.
- To encourage students to get involved in community service and participate in Industry Research Projects.
Program Outcomes (POs)
1. A knowledge base for Management
Gain domain knowledge for understanding business issues and make effective decisions
2. Problem analysis
Apply theories, appropriate techniques and strategic tools for planning, analysis and execution
Investigations of complex problems using research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data and synthesis of information to provide valid conclusions.
Design alternatives to solve business problems utilizing quantitative analysis, critical thinking, and sound ethical decision making.
5. Use of management tools
Apply economic models, accounting principles, statistical techniques, and financial theories, analysis, and reporting in business decision-making.
6. Individual and teamwork
Develop leadership skills by working effectively in teams
7. Communication skills
Enhance verbal, written and presentation skills in students
Apply professional and managerial skills in their workplace.
9. Impact of engineering on society and the environment
Understand the impact of business practices on society and environment
10. Ethics and equity
Apply ethical principles and nurture commitment to personal and professional ethics in all aspects of business practice
11. Economics and project management
Demonstrate effectively on analyzing, interpreting and solving problems in developing business projects using appropriate tools and techniques.
12. Life-long learning
Create an interest to engage in continuous learning independently to improve knowledge and develop competencies
Programme specific Outcome (PSOs)
1. Apply multidisciplinary domain knowledge encompassing of finance, marketing and human resources management to select suitable project proposal for a company enterprise.
2. Apply the conceptual and practical business knowledge to identify and solve organizational problems using a systematic and analytical decision-making approach.
- Academic excellence of students in BPUT
- Placement of students in various corporate houses of reputation
- To organise more national seminar.
- To organise national workshop.
- To setup excellence centre for Faculty Development Programmes and Entrepreneurship Development Programmes.
- To strengthen the student’s alma mater.
- To sign MOU with different colleges and Universities to strengthen research and academic activity.
- To increase intake capacity of MBA department.
State-of-art laboratories , Well qualified faculties , Seminar hall
Obtaining an MBA degree will open the door to many opportunities such as Account Managers , Sales Managers , Brand Managers , Human Resource Managers , Equity Research Analyst , Marketing Manager ,Project Manager. Since now a days almost all the companies have a digital platform to promote their business, the companies are always looking for someone who can manage the company’s digital marketing and these opens up oppurtunity for the role of Digital Marketing Manager.